A large specialty chemical company in Houston Texas was going to have a major feed stock pipeline interruption of Ethylene for 10 days.
Options were shut plant down, or find a method of supply to keep the plant operational. The requirement to maintain the plant supply would be to have 432,000 pounds of product available to maintain the interrupted feed stock.
GAS INNOVATIONS was contacted and proposed a “turnkey “ project of supplying Ethylene on a continuous 24/7 for 10 days which included Ethylene, personnel, equipment and all tanker trailer logistics.
- Estimated Ethylene volume 10 days @ 432,000 lbs.
- 1,800 lbs. / hour continuously for 10 days @ 24/7
- 2,300 lbs. /hour maximum feed rate
- 28 psi min based on 1.5” piping loss
- Target condition 60 degrees F @ 60 psi +/‐ 10%
- 24/7 Gas Innovations Technical personnel
Interruption lasted only 6 days but plant operation was maintained 24/7 without interruption. Plant engineers were skeptical at first but quickly realized how easily and efficiently the temporary connection was accomplished and completed.